EMBA spol. s ro is a Czech company on the border between the Giant Mountains and the Jizera Mountains. The beginning of history cardboard in Paseky nad Jizerou it is linked to the year of 1882, when the Rössler brothers were established here as a factory for the production of white handmade cardboard packaging for the products of the glass industry in the Jablonec region. The expansion of the production program and production facilities is characteristic for the entire life-time of the company.
Significant milestones in the history of the pastry shop are mainly the installation of automatic cardboard machines in 1970 and 1989 years, which have brought significant improvements in production. In the nineties of the twentieth century, under the EMBA brand, the development of archival stickers for the complete archiving of business documents and documents of cultural and historical significance began. In the new millennium, the production portfolio was complemented by lines for the production of office lever archives.
We are aware of the legacy of past generations, which has led us to the present day and our commitment to successfully developing the work that has begun. As part of the constant effort to be one step ahead of our competitors, we place emphasis on product quality and customer relationships.
Our professional expertise and our highly qualified staff are a long-term guarantee of the highest level of service. We do not only sell products, but we provide complete solutions to customers in more than 30 countries around the world.
EMBA is a Czech company with a long tradition and responsible approach to society and the environment. Its organic products are produced by the processing of paper and are completely recyclable. Through its EMBA products, it also contributes to the protection and preservation of cultural and historical heritage in many countries. As a major regional employer, he is responsible for developing sustainable and safe working conditions for his workers, as well as a commitment to contributing to the social stability of the region as a whole.
Paseky nad Jizerou are a mountain village in the district of Semily, in the Liberec region, in the western Giant Mountains, on the border of the Jizera Mountains, on the right side of the Jizera Mine. 252 inhabitants live here; a number of cottages and other buildings serve today for a holiday stay. The northern part of the municipality belongs to the Krkonoše National Park, the southern part including the main settlements to the Jizera Mountains Protected Landscape Area.
The first written mention of the village comes from 1713.
The village was probably based in 16. However, the earliest record comes from 1654. The oldest part was Makov, where the glassworks were already at that time, and the Havírna, where silver was mined. As time went by, forests were retreating around human activity, and new chalets appeared in the new clefts, whose inhabitants were, in fact, weavers. Stones from originally wooded areas are concentrated in today's overgrown heaps.
A church was built in 1789, and a regular schooling was started in Paseky in 1791. In the local school the National Buddhists, cantor Josef Šimůnek and his assistant Věnceslav Metelk taught, who became the initiators of the rich musical, theater, literary and cultural life of the village. Věnceslav Metelka, as a self-taught teacher, taught a violinist and founded an aristocratic tradition of violin, from which a so-called Krkonoše violin school originated, still living in the world of the Pilařů, Špidlenů and Vedralů. After the Second World War the violin teacher František Vedral revived the musical tradition, but in the late 1950s the band and the amateur theater vanished. In the 1970s 20. century worked in the village and church of St. Vaclav Pater MUDr. Ladislav Kubíček. In 1980, the choir of Svatováclavský choir was established at the church, which now has 30 members and since 1990 organizes every year the Pasek Music Festival; the choir's orchestra performs mostly professional musicians.
The village is the scene of the realistic novel by Karel Vaclav Raise Zapadlí vlastenci. His plot is set in 40. flight 19. century, and Paseky is renamed Pozdětin, Rais draws on his memoirs of Metel's memories, an award-winning work of folk-writing.
The biggest prosperity was Paseky in 1869, when 212 was registered here with descriptive numbers and 1710 inhabitants. Then the settlement slowly receded. Despite the fact that the settlements of Pasek were almost exclusively Czech, the Munich Agreement was connected to Germany as part of the Sudetenland. Even when the inhabitants of Pasek did not directly touch the post-war expulsion of the Germans, there was massive decline of the permanent population and most of the cottages were bought by the holidaymakers. Meadows in the care of a state farm were partly damaged by heavy mechanization, partly neglected. In 1979, the school was canceled in Paseky.
Municipality center: left restaurant and pension Na Buďárce, post office and municipal office. On the right is the Memorial of Zapadly Patriots in the former church, behind St. Wenceslas Church.
The Sokol Gospel Unity was founded in Paseky in the year of 1896. In the years of 1936-1938, a Sokol Hall was built with the help of a small-scale Sokol monarchy, which became a local cultural center after the Second World War. A natural theater was built in the woods at the Sokol House. The culmination of the activity was the first and the last year of the weekly music and theatrical Pasecký festival in 1952, after which the communist regime stopped the activity of Sokol and there was a general decline in the life of the village. The Sokol House burned the year of 1967, when it was hired by the Czechoslovak army. At present (2008), local TJ Sokol has over 100 members and deals with sports, music and tourism activities, organizes children's summer camps, participates in municipal cleaning, etc.
Since the 1888 in Paseky, there has also been a volunteer fire brigade. In the past, local firefighters organized balls and played amateur theater at U Soukupu Pub, later at the Houslairs Inn. In 1931, the fire brigade made a separate choir from Havirna.
In addition, from the year of 2010, the civic association Paseky outdoor os is active in the village, which organizes local sports and cultural events.
From 1976 to 1990, Paseka was not a separate municipality but part of it Rokytnice. In 1991, Paseky signed up for the Rural Reclamation Program and under this program the Territorial Plan of the Settlement Department Paseky nad Jizerou.
In the village there are woodworks FUKNER sro, producer of cardboard and cardboard packaging EMBA sro and sheep farm Zvonice.
Local history is dedicated to the Museum of Zapadly patriots in the building of a former parish church, next to St. Wenceslas Church and across the restaurant Na Buďárce. The museum is dedicated to the work of the violinist and the writer Věnceslav Metelka as well as the writer Karl Vaclav Rais, the life of the local hills in 19. century, violin and weaving. The memorial was established in 1958 in the ground floor rooms of the parish, the year 1975 was reconstructed according to the scenario PhDr. Jaromir Jech, expert and publisher of Metelka's work. 1978 was extended to the upper floor. The museum is currently under the management of the Krkonoše National Park.
The village is made up of several settlements and a number of mountain cottages spread over the slopes. The whole municipality includes one cadastral area. The basic settlement units are statistically registered in the municipality three: Paseky nad Jizerou, Havírna and Makov. Havírna is a settlement belt in Havírenský Potok valley, south of Hromovka Hill and north of Mechovice Hill (803 m nm) and consists of settlements Za Vrškem, Na Piavě, Lomička, Suchá etc. Makov is a settlement in the southern part of the village, in the valley Makovského potoka. The north-western part of the village, with several ski lifts and slopes, is called Hořensko, and a group of cottages on the eastern slope of the hill Javorník (822 m nm) is called Tomšov. On the road near Tomšov there is an ancient pub Na Perlíčku or Na Pldek. The village is also a wooded area (mostly spruce forests) north of Havírna, with the hills of Hromovka (916 m nm), White rock (near 957 m above sea level, the site of the village is 964 m nm) and Kapradník (910 m nm) They were taken in the Jizera Valley. The lowest point of the village is Jizera, 476 m
The village neighbors in the west with the villages of Zlatá Olešnice and Kořenov (in the vicinity of Rejdice, Příchovice and Polubný), in the northwest Jizerou with the territory of the town of Harrachov, in the eastern part of Jizerou with the territory of the town Rokytnice (Dolní Rokytnice), in the south with the territory of the town of Vysoké nad Jizerou (near Sklenařice) and the town Jablonec nad Jizerou.